How Student Success
Online sessions work
The 50 minute online sessions will be run using Student Success Tutor methodology. This is a tried and tested mix of accelerated learning, neuroscience, mind/body technologies like educational kinesiology and ancient memory focusing techniques.
The reason for this is two-fold: Firstly, it will help you the student remember the subject matter. The second reason is to demonstrate how to set up and run one’s own study sessions at home to maximise learning.
Sessions will typically follow this format:
• Brief introduction of what we will cover.
• Turn our brains on by the use of “Brain Gym” or similar activities to activate the Learning State.
• Feedback from last weeks learning and activities.
• Review goals, plans and what’s in it for me?
• Present lesson content then review the lesson.
• Where possible activities will be used to activate the skills.
• Brain friendly mini breaks will be used where appropriate to keep us in the peak Learning State.
• Goals and feedback questions will be set that cover the session’s topic for next week so we can tailor the techniques effectiveness and use.
Sessions will start at 10 past the hour (eg: 6:10pm) for 50 minute session, then end at the top of the hour (eg: 7pm).
After the session it is up to the student to try out the session material. Either a worksheet or questions given in session to use, review and fill in. The questions has these purposes:
• As a guide for the student to track their progress regards the covered material.
• To set goals and desired outcomes.
• As a motivator to be in a routine.
• To give backup material links to videos, music and alternative strategies (etc).
• To put insights, questions, problems that crop up, wins and to note what was new. These are key to the feedback process. The habit of improvement, focus and attention then forms. The student will be asked to use the their success journal. If required or needed an online document will be used to record responses so parents can assist in monitoring (hopefully not required).
The weeks results is the basis of the next session. The feedback process is key to understanding of what works, what didn’t and how motivation was working (or not). Success is a matter of developing what works and finding out why something didn’t work and changing it. This feedback process builds that habit, especially with guided by an external expert.
Online sessions: What’s needed
All Sessions are online or by phone. Online Skype is the preference, but phone is the backup method if one of us isn’t able to connect.
You will need:
# Internet connection that is fast enough to Skype (if you can play YouTube videos it should be fine). Have Skype installed on your main school device (tablet or computer) and mobile phone.
# A mobile or landline number I can call if there are internet issues to continue the session.
# A4 unlined paper for note taking.
# Coloured fine tip pens for mind mapping.
# A bottle of water.
# A quiet room that gives the student privacy, and can talk freely.
Book a session now. Free Parent & Student Action plan analysis
Individual online tutoring is limited to 16 students total worldwide.
Book here. First calls / video session to assess outcomes is free. Wait list may apply.
Special Affordable Pricing
The standard rate for this style of Academic Life Coaching is between $150 to $200 per 50 minute session in the USA. My abilities and skills set put my value at the top of the price bracket. Academic Life Coaching is a new term to Australia and New Zealand, though this is what I did back in the mid 1990s at an equivalent rate of $150 in today's money.
The below pricing is extremely good value and makes it affordable to the ordinary family to get expert help. Send a booking email with the required information and lets have a free assessment chat.
Limited spaces are available at this pricing*. * = per payment TnCs and service agreement.
Basic 8 sessions of Academic Life Coaching package:
One upfront payment of $580*. That's $72.50 per session.
Standard: Semester (4 month/16 week) Academic Life Coaching:
One upfront payment of $1040* ($65 per session) or two monthly upfront payments of $540*
Casual hourly rate: $85* per standard 50 minute online session