How Student Success
Online sessions work
The 50 minute online sessions will be run using Student Success Tutor methodology. This is a tried and tested mix of accelerated learning, neuroscience, mind/body technologies like educational kinesiology and ancient memory focusing techniques.
The reason for this is two-fold: Firstly, it will help you the student remember the subject matter. The second reason is to demonstrate how to set up and run one’s own study sessions at home to maximise learning.
Sessions will typically follow this format:
• Brief introduction of what we will cover.
• Turn our brains on by the use of “Brain Gym” or similar activities to activate the Learning State.
• Feedback from last weeks learning and activities.
• Review goals, plans and what’s in it for me?
• Present lesson content then review the lesson.
• Where possible activities will be used to activate the skills.
• Brain friendly mini breaks will be used where appropriate to keep us in the peak Learning State.
• Goals and feedback questions will be set that cover the session’s topic for next week so we can tailor the techniques effectiveness and use.
Sessions will start at 10 past the hour (eg: 6:10pm) for 50 minute session, then end at the top of the hour (eg: 7pm).
After the session it is up to the student to try out the session material. There will be a worksheet to use, review and fill in. The sheet has these purposes:
• As a guide for the student to track their progress regards the covered material.
• To set goals and desired outcomes.
• As a motivator to be in a routine.
• To give backup material links to videos, music and alternative strategies (etc).
• To put insights, questions, problems that crop up, wins and to note what was new. These are key to the feedback process. The habit of improvement, focus and attention then forms. This is the basis of what Tony Robin’s calls the success journal.
The weeks results is the basis of the next session. The feedback process is key to understanding of what works, what didn’t and how motivation was working (or not). Success is a matter of developing what works and finding out why something didn’t work and changing it. This feedback process builds that habit, especially with guided by an external expert.
Online sessions: What’s needed
All Sessions are online or by phone (if one of us isn’t able to connect). You will need:
# Internet connection that is fast enough to Skype and or play youtube videos.
# A mobile or landline number I can call if there are internet issues to continue the session.
# A4 unlined paper for note taking.
# Coloured fine tip pens for not taking.
# A bottle of water.
# A quiet room that gives the student privacy, and can talk freely.
Book a session now. Free Parent & Student Action plan analysis
Individual online tutoring is limited to 20 students total worldwide.
Book a StudentSuccessTutor session by filling out the form via the button. First calls / video sessions to asses outcomes is free. I will then call the payer / parent and discuss. Wait list may apply and prepaid customers have priority.